Tubelite’s 400SS Series Screw Spine Curtainwall thermally broken curtainwall product has been designed to reduce fabrication and installation labor while meeting or exceeding today’s stringent energy codes. The 400SS has a 2-1/2″ sight line with system depths from 6” to 10”. This screw spline system can be pre-assembled, pre-sealed (i.e. water dams) and pre-glazed in the shop, or stick fabricated for field glazing.
The thermal isolator and thick gasketing provide excellent U-Factors and CRF when using high-performance insulated glass. Glass is positioned to the system exterior for enhanced resistance to rainwater. 11 anodized finishes and 19 standard paint colors are available on this framing system to complement any project with warranteed protection, as well as street appeal. The 400SS also accepts Tubelite’s operable windows, Therml=Block® Doors, Maxblock® Sunshades and aLuminate® Light Shelves.
400SS low- and mid-rise is recommended for use on medium- and low-rise applications. The 1/2” bite securely grips insulated glass or panels of 1″ thickness. Infill thicknesses from 1/8 inch to 1-1/4 inches also can be accommodated. An improved horizontal member allows for expansion/contraction clearances to minimize splice requirements.
Thorough testing by an independent laboratory ensures the 400SS is the highest quality curtainwall framing product the industry has to offer.
- Standard 6″ (152.4mm) 7-1/2″ and 10″ depth systems have a 2-1/2″ (63.5mm) sight line
- Outside glazed pressure-plate system available in captured and structural glazed configurations
- Standard infill option 1″ (25.4mm), other infills available
- Thermally Broken using a continuous 1/4” EPDM Isolator
- Concealed screw spline fastener joinery creates smooth, monolithic appearance
- Two-piece expansion vertical & horizontal members
- Can be shop-fabricated and pre-glazed for labor savings
- Silicone compatible glazing materials for long-lasting seals
- Captured & SSG inside and outside corners available
- Steel reinforcing available
- Optional deep profile and bull nose covers available
- Captured & SSG verticals & horizontals available
- Aluminum, Polyamide and Thermal pressure plates available
- Easily integrates with Tubelite’s, Entrances, 3700 and Phantom 5000 Insert Vents, Maxblock Sunshades, and aLuminate Light Shelves
- Deep and heavy-weight mullions available
- Ideal for low to mid-rise applications where high performance is desired